NCVAN is currently offering support groups for loved ones of homicide victims only online due to the COVID-19 crisis. We believe doing so is the best way to continue to offer support while safeguarding the health and well-being of our staff and the victim/survivors we serve.
NCVAN is committed to preserving the privacy and security of all victim/survivors. Therefore, for online meetings, we use the most secure and private, HIPAA-Compliant version of Zoom. This means that we use the version of Zoom that has the safeguards and privacy protections that are required even of medical professionals. That’s how important it is to us to protect the privacy and security of us all.
We certainly hope that it will be safe to resume in-person support group meetings and grief workshops very soon.
Check back here for updates.
Statewide Online Group: Meets on the third Tuesday of each month from 7:00 – 8:30 PM. Click here for more information.
Wake County Area Support Group: Meets the first Tuesday of each month from 6:30-8:00 PM. For information, please contact Scott Bass at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-831-2857 ext. 101
The Asheville/Buncombe Area Homicide Survivor Support Group is meeting in person again! The group is using a covered, outdoor space where they can maintain physical distance, yet actually be together. Masks are required to be worn.
6:30-8:00 pm on Second Tuesday of Each Month
Land of Sky Church, 15 Overbrook Place
(turn off of Tunnel Rd onto Overbrook Rd at Prestige Subaru)
- Please wear a mask or face covering.
- Recommended physical distancing will be observed.
- Some chairs will be available, but if you have a lawn chair, please bring it, just in case.
- Use the restroom before you come to avoid cleaning responsibilities.
- Even if you haven’t met with us in a while, feel free to jump in on this opportunity for connection and supportive conversation and learning skills for calming an anxious heart and mind.